Have you ever tried to imagine how much trouble your hair go through in order to give you a gorgeous look? Pollution, chemical treatments, straightening, curling, twisting, teasing and much more! What do we give them in return? Dry shafts Split ends, brittle bonds- to name a few. So it is high time for us to return them some favor. So I hereby bring an easy to make, pocket-friendly Coconut cream hair mask for conditioning using simple ingredients which can repair all that damage within a month! Yes, you heard that right! After all, you cannot underestimate the benefits of coconut cream for hair.
- milk (optional)
- water (optional)
Procedure to make coconut cream:
- Scrape out the coconut meat using a scraper knife or spoon.
- Put the pieces of coconut meat in the grinder and grind them to their finest possible form.
- Add a small amount of water or milk to ease the grinding process if required.
- Put the ground coconut in a cheesecloth or a cotton handkerchief and squeeze it tightly with your hands.
- Fresh coconut milk is obtained.
- Now squeeze half a lemon into the bowl of coconut milk if you have taken 1 coconut.
- Put the bowl in the refrigerator for 24 hours undisturbed for a creamy consistency. You can also increase the duration in order to increase consistency.
Application of Coconut cream hair mask:
- The cream will look something like this.
- Divide your hair into as many sections as possible.
- Apply the coconut cream from roots to tips with your fingers, an old toothbrush or a hair dye brush, whatever suits you.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave the mask on for at least 2 hours.
- wash it off with a mild shampoo and apply your regular conditioner.
- This mask works best if you leave it on overnight. Remember, the longer you leave it on the faster you get results!
- This can be stored in the refrigerator for around 2 weeks.
- Don’t panic If the cream starts to get a little rancid. It is just that after a few days oil starts showing up, but no worries. After all, it is pure coconut oil!
- This mask should be applied at least twice a week for faster damage repair.
- Even if your hair is not damaged this mask can be used to enhance your hair quality.
So, now you know the importance of Coconut cream for hair!